Kalllimanis expands its product range with the addition of the tuna category, confirming its dynamic return to the market. The company’s entry into shelf products and specifically the canned tuna category comes as a natural next step, considering the brand’s recognition for 65 years as synonymous with its category. The aim of the company is to place the products in the domestic market and the foreign markets alike.
Kalllimanis tuna is 100% free-caught and almost all its codes, whether canned, pouch or tuna salad, contain yellowfin tuna, one of the most premium varieties of tuna, renowned for its superior quality, special taste and lighter color. Kalllimanis tuna products have been designed with a focus on quality, taste, and the comfort of the end consumer: for this reason, canned tuna has an Easy Peel lid, while tuna salads include a special fork in the package, so that they can be easily enjoyed every moment of the day. In addition to the special features of the tuna category, extra virgin olive oil is added, which is used by the Kalllimanis brand in all cans and pouches. Tuna is also high in protein and Omega 3 and is frozen immediately after being caught on board, thus preserving its freshness and nutrients.
The range includes:
- Tuna in olive oil (2*140g & 3*75g) from a whole piece of yellowfin tuna, with extra virgin olive oil.
- Tuna in water (2*140g & 3*75g) from a whole piece of yellowfin tuna, the flavor of which is highlighted through the natural brine.
- Smoked tuna in vegetable oil (2*140g) with tuna naturally smoked in oak wood.
- Tuna salads with corn 160g and Mexicana 160g with selected raw materials for a tasty and nutritious meal. Tuna salad packages contain a folding fork for convenience and on-the-go consumption.
- Finally, the juicy pieces of yellowfin tuna are also offered in 80g pouches in both extra virgin olive oil and water.
In addition, all products in the tuna category have Dolphin Safe and Friends of the Sea certifications, thus underscoring Kalllimanis’ vision and commitment to good fishing practices and sustainability. The consumer, using the special code on each package, can find out more information about where the tuna was caught, so they know exactly what they are buying and where it comes from.