8.5% rise in Greek exports in February 2021

Greek exports february 21

According to the provisional data announced on 07.04.2021 by the Hellenic Statistical Authority and processed by the Institute of Export Research and Studies (ΙΕRS) established by the Greek Exporters Association (SEVE), Greek exports showed another increase in February 2021.
Namely, exports were up by 8.5%, ie €226.4 million and amounted to €2,880.6 million in February 2021 compared to €2,654.2 million in February 2020. On the other hand, imports were down by €340.4 million, ie 7.8% and amounted to €4,022.2 million in February 2021 compared to €4,362.6 million in the corresponding month of 2020. The trade deficit decreased by €566.8 million, ie 33.2% and amounted to €1,141.6 million.

Food still going up

Regarding the different sectors and their contribution to Greek exports for the first two months of 2021, chemical products (with the most important category being pharmaceuticals) continued their upward trend (increase of €119.7 million, ie 15.7%), while both food (up €32.2 million, ie 3.9%) and industrial products (€19.3 million, ie 2.3%) also recorded significant increase.
As far as export destinations are concerned, 54.5% of Greek products were shipped to European Union countries while the rest 45.5% to Third Countries. Excluding mineral oil products, the largest share, namely 67%, was absorbed by the EU Member States and 33% from Third Countries.